Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Day 104

My littlest friend has just started school, and she is given each Wednesday off to rest.  It works a treat.  By Tuesday night I have a small train-wreck of a child on my hands, completely overtired and overwhelmed with all the structure, rules and a deep desire to get everything right (beats me where that came from).  Then, magically, by Thursday morning I once again have a cheerful school girl eager to face the world again.

So, it came to me in a blinding flash - the whole world needs Wednesdays off!  Not just 5 year olds but everyone.  Look, I'm no economist and I don't know how the global financial side of things would hold up, but imagine, if we all worked Monday and Tuesday, then took a day to recharge, wash clothes, sweep the floor and have a swim in the waterhole, then headed back to the coalface for Thursday and Friday.  I'm thinking productivity will be up, blerkdom would be down.  Fewer grown-up tantrums in the workplace and less folks losing their will to live by Thursday at 3pm.

I know what your thinking, 'Indigo Kate for PM', and look I'm happy to take up the challenge, as long as I can take Wednesdays off.

Love,

Indigo Kate x


No comments:

Post a Comment