Pages

Thursday 26 February 2015

Day 107

Yesterday I read this.

750 million people in the world to do not have access to clean drinking water.

And I felt like I had been shot, to be honest.

750 million people.

I look around my home and I see taps in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry, and, for goodness sake, the guest cottage.  Hot water, cold water and warm water just waiting to be turned on. There's even ice cold water from a dispenser on the fridge.  There's taps in the garden and a tap near the chook yard.

I am never more than a few steps from clean, fresh, safe drinking water.  Never once do I give a second thought to the quality of the water I drink.

As I type this, 750 million people are wondering how they will get their water today.  They will walk long difficult distances with leaky containers and babies on their hip.  They will endure all kinds of things that I can't begin to imagine just so their families can drink, wash and cook.

There's an organisation called water.org who are doing great work in regards to water.  I'm going to count up the number of taps at my place and multiply it by something and donate to them.  Because clearly there is much to be done.

Love,

Indigo Kate x






No comments:

Post a Comment