Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Day 105

I have a writing project coming up and was planning it with my colleague, when my phone chimed.  It was my Mindfulness App, which then prompted a little discussion about meditation.  A little while later her phone made a glug glug noise which she explained, reminded her to drink water, and she duly took a big swig from her water bottle.

And it got me thinking about how many things we should be doing for our health that are so easy to let slide.  So I thought about designing an App that does it all.  A chime for breast examination, teeth flossing, drinking water, applying sunscreen, eating 5 serves of veggies, walking 10, 000 steps, pelvic floor exercises, yoga stretches, meditation, cardio and strength exercises and, and, and...

Then I realised with so much chiming I would probably hurl the phone across the room.  It's hard to do everything.  Some days, it's hard to do anything.   But we can only try to put our health first, and use whatever cues work best to keep us mindful of living well.

Let me know if you have something that helps keep you on track.

Love,

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment