Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

Day 67

The gremlins in my back continue to highland dance in all the ouchy places.  But that's enough of my complex medical talk.  This too shall pass.  Quickly please, if it's all the same to you.

I have read a lot about health in the last wee while, which is a big change for me being a fiction girl.  I've read about the evils of sugar, the evils of gluten, the confusion around calories, the joys of paleo and the holy grail of wellness.  But there has been one voice in the whole health round table discussion that I have found deeply comforting.  Dr Rick Kausman sounds like somebody's Dad, a kind man who also happens to be a world expert on the non-dieting movement.  I wish there was a cardboard cut out of him with a voice recording reading his book in every high school, every Mum's group, every gym, every newsagents (next to the women's magazines), every Doctor's waiting room and every street corner in the land.  He is one of the good guys and if I ever met him I would probably cry like a baby and hug him like a bear by way of thanks.

I mention Dr Rick because as I am spending a lot of time horizontal at the moment with my friend the heat pack.  I am reading various newspapers online to pass the time and have been inundated with the standard 'Kick Start The New Fabulous Thinner You in 2015' type stories that make me want to poke myself in the eyeball with a fork.  And yesterday, amongst the madness, there was my friend Dr Rick quoted in this typically kind, smart, helpful article and I thought I'd share it here.  In a crazy world plagued with unsustainable weight loss regimes and the subsequent raft of distorted body image issues, this man needs to be heard.

Bless you, Dr Rick.

Love,

Indigo Kate x






2 comments:

  1. I'll try and look up Dr Rick when I get a chance. Keep up the good work. I hope the back comes good soon.

    ReplyDelete