Pages

Thursday 8 January 2015

Day 70

I'm taking things slowly here, with this funny little back episode.  Funny being a euphemism for all kinds of things, none of them terribly funny in the haha sense.

I've been reading an interview with Carl Honore, who is the father of the slow movement.  He wants us all to slow down. As he says, 'It's when things move very fast that you need to cultivate the art of slowness, so you can make sense of it all.'

Carl thinks we can slow down at everything from work to food to parenting. It's about being mindful, meditating, cultivating community, and prioritising quality over quantity.  I'm all for it.  I'm going to take it slow in 2015, in every arena (except maybe recovery from back pain, which I would like to expresso fast track).  Carl says slowing down 'gives family life special meaning, texture and colour,' and I'm sure he's onto something.

Wishing you and your family an abundance of slowness.

Love,

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment