Pages

Friday 9 January 2015

Day 71

Some days the cursor on this blank page blinks at me impatiently for a long time - waiting for me to write something.

Some days I start typing simply because I can't bear the blinking any longer.

Some days I just want to shut down the page and admit, 'You know what? I just don't have anything to say about health today.'

But to be honest I'm scared to do that, in case it means that I don't have anything to say about health tomorrow and the next day, and slowly the whole idea of health slides off my agenda like icing off a too warm cupcake and I'm headed back there. 

So here I am again today, even though I have no burning topic to share.  I'm horizontal on my mattress resting my cranky back, surrounded by homemade birthday cards.  Even my boys, reluctant writers at best, have neatly and carefully scripted their heartfelt messages of love. They have made me a cake (which being made entirely of cream and sugar is not fitting any health plan that I know of) and my little girls have made me necklaces and bracelets and drawings with stickers.

It's fair to say I am full to bursting with love for my four little people and wanting, more than ever, to be my best self for them.  And at the end of the day, my best self is my healthiest self.  Hence the Year of Living Well.  Hence the blog.  See you tomorrow.

Love,

Indigo Kate x

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS ONE!! Why not you pretend that anything that arrives from Broken Hill in the mail this week is a birthday present and then we can pretend that your outback friend has an excellent memory for details like birthdays eh? I have every confidence in the power of jewellery to help back conditions. Or any conditions really. Much love, W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are completely divine. Thank you! I will save my fastest hobble for the mail box. Big love xx

      Delete