Pages

Sunday 7 December 2014

Day 37

I've started following a few whole foods folks on Instagram.  They seem to eat well, glow with good health and take photos of their lunch.  I figured it couldn't hurt.  But when they caption their photos with comments like, 'enjoying a little bit of Activated Cacao Loaf topped with caramelised organic banana, crushed organic pecans, activated pumpkin seeds, organic pistachios and fair trade cacao nibs' to be honest, I don't feel inspired, I feel bloody exhausted.

I'm doing the whole foods thing for the simplicity, so I find these highly photogenic meals that need 17 ingredients (and 27 hashtags to describe them) a tad overwhelming.  I'm trying to keep it simple, probably because I have four children, extremely limited brain cells and even less time. I have enough trouble remembering to take photos of my children at significant life events, let alone photographing my activated almonds for morning tea. So, just so you know, this will never be that kind of blog. There will be no recipes, photos or descriptions, beyond 'ate salad, salad was good' type thing. My life keeps me flat-out busy and I want to keep my new-found energy for my family, my friends and my creative life, rather than my meal preparation.

Here's to keeping it simple.

Love,

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment