Pages

Monday 15 December 2014

Day 45

It's been a long, listless day waiting for news of the Sydney siege, and hoping for a peaceful resolution.  A day of wondering.  Wondering why these things happen, wondering about the hostages, wondering about the police and the negotiators, wondering about the world my children will inherit. A long day where I found myself looking to food, and reminding myself that it doesn't hold the answers.

I am conscious of Week 6 complacency.  I'm trying not to feel so confident with my new life that that I trip and fall face-first in a family-size block of chocolate.  And I'm conscious that on a day like today, where it feels like the whole country is holding its breath, there are much, much worse things that can happen anyway.

Here's to peace finding a way this Christmas season.

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment