Pages

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Day 53

We're limping towards the end of the year here.  The finish line with 2014 written on it is in sight, and just the final dash remains.  But like the end of any marathon (I imagine) the last bit requires digging deep.  Very deep. There's those extra hurdles called Christmas and New Year which are the equivalent of a mini marathon all in themselves.  We'll get there of course, and there will be the celebratory post-race leap in the air and a cup of sports drink for our trouble.  But right now, I feel like I could pull over to the side and put my hands on my knees and catch my breath while the masses push on past me.  And hopefully some nice volunteer in a uniform will come by with a stretcher and a drip and carry me off to the First Aid tent.

Here's to pushing on, despite the cumulative fatigue of 11.75 months.  We can do this.

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment