Pages

Saturday 1 November 2014

Coo-eee (Day 1)

And I'm back.  Hello there.

Today, November 1st, 2014, marks a new beginning for me. I have started a personal 365 day project called My Year Of Living Well. A whole year where I mindfully focus on my mental and physical health.

Sadly this will not be beamed to you from a fancy-pants Health Retreat where I schedule my massage by the waterfall somewhere between my meditation class and my yoga instruction.  No, this is happening at a scary place called Real Life. Home. With my four children, my shaggy dog, my overflowing laundry and my sticky kitchen bench. I think there is also a husband in there somewhere. And some writing stuff known romantically as work.

I want to see  happens when I shift my focus to my health. Not for a week or a month but for a whole year. I'm sick of skidding into bed after another day at break-neck pace during which I somehow forgot to eat well and exercise, despite ensuring the five other members of my family all did.  I don't want my health to be a tiny foot note to my life. I want it to be a bold heading in large font with a capital H.

Like most adventures, I'm hoping this one will become clearer as I leave the shore. My day began with a glass of warm water with a squeeze of lemon. Then another. I took a deep breath and realised I had begun. I turned away from the shore and looked out towards the horizon, with all its unknowns and drank my first ever green smoothie (baby spinach, apple, carrot, pineapple). It was, despite the slightly weird colour and grainy texture, fabulous.  Cheers, I said to myself. Here's to My Year Of Living Well.

I'd love to share it with you.

Love,

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment