Pages

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Day 26

I know what you're thinking, after 25 days of clean living it all came together today and I ran gazelle-like through green fields all day long.  Well, in the pursuit of truth, let me tell you how it really was on Day 26.

As I arrived at school to cheer on my little fellows in their school triathalon, every species of pollen known to womankind frantically hurtled up my nose. I sneezed in record-breaking sequences.  The contents of my nose streamed down my face. My skin burned and itched.  I tried not to scratch my puffy eyes out.  Did I mention I was in a paddock without a tissue? And that I was expected to maintain polite conversation with parents and staff?

Hayfever and I have an on-again, off-again relationship.  sometimes we go about our respective lives without so much as a sidewides glance.  But yesterday, hayfever took centre stage and I was completely at its mercy. I rushed home, blew my nose in a beach towel,  and hid from what everyone kept telling me was a beautiful day. Then I took drugs.  But all that sneezing and itching left me exhausted.

I've already cut out sugar, dairy, alcohol and caffeine and (almost all) gluten. Pollen is next.  And I don't want to hear any sob stories about the flowers and the bees needing it.  This stuff is bad, and it has to go.  Or else I have to find a handbag big enough for a beach towel.

Aaaachoooo! 

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment