Pages

Friday 7 November 2014

Day 7 (summary of week 1)

Well, here I am already at the end of my first week in My Year of Living Well (MYOLW - could there be a more unpronounceable acronym?)

Anyhoo, here's what I've learnt so far.

1. The I've-given-up-sugar-after-an-extended-period-of-total-dependancy headache doesn't last forever. (But it does last quite long enough, thanks very much.)
2. Green smoothies completely rock. Once you get the hang of them. 
3. There is such a thing as a vegetable called Wombuk.  When you are wandering around the fruit and vege shop in the grips of post-sugar withdrawal you may find this fact hands-down the funniest thing you've ever heard in your entire life. 
4.  The cashier at the fruit and vege shop may not find the idea of Wombuk even remotely amusing and this could prove awkward.
5.  Salad is my friend.
6.  It is quite possible to serve your family homemade pizza while you eat a bok choy, asparagus, spinach and chicken stir fry. No one will even notice and bizarely the pizza will not look even vaguely attractive. 
7. Food and mental health are linked in so many ways that a mathematical dyslexic like myself could have trouble putting an exact number on it. So I'll go for a ball park figure then, you know, like a billion. 
8. Some journeys feel like the right thing even from the very first steps. This is one of those. 
9. A handful of seeds and nuts at the right time of day can make life feel possible again. And help you channel your inner rosella. 
10. Dandelion root tea does taste a little like you've poured boiling water over a dirty gardening trowel. But my liver likes it so I'm taking that one for the team. 

Thanks for reading. 

Love,
Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment