3 weeks down already! Here's what I've learned this week.
1. That a meal shared with special friends really is the best thing in the world.
2. This is even more so when one of the special friends used to be a tiny girl that has grown into a funny, charming, humble young adult. As her Godmother you can take full credit for this.
3. Avoid getting to the I'm-so-hungry-I-could-eat-my-own-arm-off stage because then the careful, considered side of myself can be less easy to access.
4. Drink more water. Repeat.
5. Green smoothies can be as simple as spinach, banana, another piece of fruit, water and protein powder. I'm not over thinking it so much anymore.
6. Sometimes a little break from normal day to life is like a saline drip to the dehydrated. Life-saving.
7. Getting up early to prepare a salad with boiled eggs and smoked salmon is a great idea for your day as kindy helper. Just don't forget about it and leave it the car in direct sunlight on a 37 degree day.
8. If 7. happens to you, despite ravenous hunger, be smart enough to put in in the bin. Then keep smiling through an afternoon of filling paint pots and pasting art work and just do your best not to eat one of the children.
9. Prolonged exposure to social situations/noise/stimulation is hard work for this introvert and retreating to a cave-like room is necessary. Cognitive fatigue is real and may result in non-hungry eating. It may also result in wanting to install a flashing neon sign above the cave entrance that says PLEASE GO AWAY.
10. Some weeks you only learn 9 things and that's okay.
Indigo Kate x