Pages

Friday 28 November 2014

Day 28

When I say I have eliminated/am eliminating sugar, I should clarify that to say, I have eliminated/am eliminating processed sugar.  I am still eating a couple of pieces of fruit a day and snacking on dried fruit.  According to the IQS (I Quit Sugar, a book/program by Sarah Wilson),  dried fruit is a catastrophic sugar hit.  She is also not even all that keen on fruit until the final weeks of her 8 week program.

I suspect dried fruit has played a role in helping me kick the processed stuff.  A few dried apricots here, a couple of dried peaches there, some dates, a supply of fruit balls in the fridge.  But I remind myself that this is a year long project, and I am still in my first month, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. But my December goal will be around limiting the dried fruit, perhaps to every second or third day.

I'm not going to eliminate fruit, just going to keep to my two serves a day, both of which end up in my green smoothie.  I know, I know, they are more filling if you eat them whole, but for me, for now, blitzing them with some coconut water and spinach leaves works best.

Apologies for rather boring post.  But I figure like any year, some days are slightly dull. Sugar or no sugar.

Love,

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment