Pages

Saturday 8 November 2014

Day 8

There's a classic scene in an episode of the Simpsons where Homer's charming mate Barney is at the pub when he suddenly declares 'Hey! There's still some beer in this ashtray!' then proceeds to slurp it up. I thought of it this morning. I had made choc chip muffins for my husband's extremely humble (read: non-event) birthday celebrations. There were a few spare choc chips left lurking on the tray. I thought about it, then swiftly wiped them off into the sink of dish water, out of temptations way.  I then had a brief moment of regret and saw myself crying out desperately, 'Hey! There's still some chocolate in this washup water!' and plunging my face into those tepid bubbles.

But, I'm proud to report that didn't happen.   Scout's Honour.

Love
Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment