Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

Day 16

There was a challenge today, a brunch with friends.  Now, I don't want to be one of those folks who is constantly telling you what they can and can't eat, like it's A Big Deal.  It's not (unless it involves anaphylaxis), it's dead boring and in a world where millions of people are starving, it's a more than little off. And besides, I have blog to bore people about what foods I can/can't/try not to eat.  Anyhoo, I approached brunch hoping I could just blend in with the crowd and (a) eat only what I was happy to eat and (b) not have to discuss it with anyone.  Success on both fronts.

Mindfulness is a whole blog post in itself.  But I'm pleased to report I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I'm convinced it is my way out of my weird relationship with food, which (I'm also pleased to report) is getting less weird and more garden-variety every day.  I took a mindful approach to the food on offer today.  This is new, as I can be like the Cookie Monster at these self-serve type events.  'Me Eat Everything, Cookie Or Not!' But there was a calm, considered approach to the plate today that I'm happy to own.  Not too little, not too much, but just right.  Yay me, I thought to myself as I drove home.  Yay me.

Love,

Indigo Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment