Pages

Sunday 23 November 2014

Day 23

I arrived home to hot, hot, hot weather and an excited clan.   There was also a bunch of extended clan for an early Christmas celebration.  There was a roast dinner, bon-bons and gifts. It was quite the re-entry.

It gave me pause to think about where I will be at by next Christmas, and what life will look like after my year of focussing on my health.  It's tempting to want guarantees, to know if I do A, B, C for a whole year then X, Y, Z will happen.  Then I realised perhaps that has been the issue all along - too much emphasis on the end result, and not enough enjoyment of the process.  So I'm shifting gears, away from The End and back to The Moment.  Reminding myself that my year is simply made up of choices. And I want to appreciate each and every choice, however humble. Albus Dumbledore was right when he said, 'It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities.'

Love,

Indigo Kate x



No comments:

Post a Comment